Athletic Therapist / Equipment Manager
The Salmon Arm Silverbacks of the British Columbia Hockey League are looking for an Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager for the 2013-2014 season.
The athletic therapist and equipment manager is responsible to coordinate and implement all medical, rehabilitation and strength & conditioning activities, all injury prevention, assessment, treatments, and equipment maintenance/inventory tracking/distribution, and maintenance.
The successful candidate must have a strong work ethic, strong communication skills, work well individually and as part of the team. The person must be flexible with hours and have a good understanding of the hockey and team environments.
The Athletic Therapist and Equipment Manager is a key part of the success of the Salmon Arm Silverbacks Hockey Club, contributing to the health and readiness of the players and working with the coaching staff to ensure optimal performance.
The Athletic Therapist and Equipment Manager Position is responsible for (However not limited to):
· Injury response, treatment, follow up, referrals, sicknesses, and general trainer duties.
· Injury rehabilitation & prevention, physical fitness preparation and nutritional guidelines/monitoring
· Working with team doctor, dentist, medical support & rehab
· All Injury and associated documentation and reporting
· Communicating all injuries and sickness to coaches and management
· Maintaining, distribution, and documenting of medical/equipment supplies and budgets.
· Dressing Room, equipment, bench maintenance and management; including skate sharpening, laundry, and equipment repair and maintenance
· Involvement in the community, team building and socials events
· Game day dressing room preparation and set up
· Assisting with team off-ice workouts and strength and conditioning
· Ordering and managing inventory of equipment and supplies
· Packing and preparation for road trips
· Team laundry
· Arranging team arrival with visiting teams trainer
· Maintain professional relationship with player
· Comply to all Hockey Canada, BCHL, and BC Hockey rules & regulations
· Overall Safety and Risk Management for Hockey Operations incl EAP
· At a minimum the Athletic Therapist and Equipment Manager must have Hockey Canada’s Safety Person (HCSP) certification.
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· Experience with hockey teams or other team related sports.
· Hockey Canada HCSP and Speak Out are required for this position
Please submit your resume and salary expectations to:
General Manager and Head Coach – Troy Mick: firstname.lastname@example.org