Salmon Arm, BC – The Salmon Arm Silverbacks are seeking one individual to fill the role of Trainer/Equipment Manager for the 2023-24 BCHL season!
This individual is responsible for tending to all player injuries and performing all equipment manager duties, including dressing room maintenance/preparation, equipment repair, skate sharpening, laundry and more.
- Must be First Aid certified
- Must have experience sharpening skates
- Previous experience in junior hockey an asset
- Concussion management certification & Taping/Strapping certification an asset
- A valid passport is needed for cross-border travel, as well as a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Preference will be given to candidates certified as Athletic Therapists
- Injury response, rehabilitation & follow-up
- Documentation of all injuries & communication to coaches/management
- Working with team medical support & rehabilitation personnel
- Equipment repair, inventory & maintenance
- Dressing room setup for game days & practices
- Packing and preparing for road trips
- Skate sharpening
- Daily Laundry
- Preparing for visiting team/trainer’s arrival and assisting them where necessary
- Comply with all BCHL Hockey regulations
- Upkeep on dressing room cleans
To apply for this position, please email your resume and references to Brooks Christensen at: [email protected].