Salmon Arm, BC – The Salmon Arm Silverbacks are seeking a Broadcaster & Communications Manager to call the play by play of our games and to manage our social media accounts. The ideal candidate will have excellent hockey knowledge, a strong presence on the radio and a high-level understanding of social media.
This position is a great opportunity for an individual to step into a strong business operation and build off the current structure in place. The organization values creativity and new ideas to improve fan engagement, marketing assets and a stronger social media presence.
• Minimum two years of broadcasting/play by play experience
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of radio equipment, audio equipment & audio editing
• Knowledge of Hockey TV is an asset
• Be a team player
• Be a self-starter with the ability to create new content and story ideas
• Broadcast all Silverbacks home and away games
• Write all press releases
• Pre & Post game recaps
• Social Media updates: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube Highlight clips
• In conjunction with sales team assist with selling of Broadcast advertising
• In conjunction with sales team assist with selling on social media platforms
• Manage game day media set up including press box, scout & team packages, and all video crew personnel
This position is full time with a salary paid structure.
All interested applicants should include a link to a demo consisting of a play-by-play sample greater than five consecutive minutes in length along with past graphic work as part of their application.
Please send resumes to General Manager, Brooks Christensen at email@example.com